Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tofu Chocolate Mousse Pie

Here's another quick post. I've been pretty swamped at home and work, so not much cooking.

I stumbled on the Gourmet Sleuth website the other day. Though it is not really a veg friendly site, they published an article/recipe for Chocolate Mousse Pie with Chocolate Crumb Crust.

One very interesting thing about this article is that they compare the nutritional information of the Tofu Chocolate Mousse pie to a regular Chocolate Mousse pie. Guess which one is healthier...I know, no surprise there. It is pretty cool to see the difference portrayed in an easy to read table on their site though.

Scroll down towards the end of the article to see that. The recipe looks good and I may give it a try soon.

7 comments:

KleoPatra said...

"We have to admit, this pie is very good. One taster had no idea it was tofu until we told him. Tofu is wonderful when it comes to absorbing flavors and the bittersweet chocolate was a perfect combination.
The texture was smooth and creamy. This is a great way to add some soy to your diet."

Oh, that's rich. I love this kind of chatter... What a shocker! It tastes good! It's good for you! Fool your friends... :o)

Great find, Jody. It looks scrumptious!! Hope you have time to make it and then maybe post a photo...

funwithyourfood said...

I have been craving chocolate ALL week. I haven't been able to get enough. This is absolutely want I want to eat right now

Teddy

urban vegan said...

Yum....just seeing the words tofu chocolate mousse pie is making me salivate.

I sometimes make chocolate mousse by whipping melted dark chocolate and silken tofu in the blender.

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michelle said...

I like that there are only a few ingredients. Hey, if you make it...feel free to bring some in to work. I need to keep checking for quality control! hee hee

Dori said...

I have made a version of this pir also... yum! I'll have to make it again soo....it'll be a nice no bake dessert!

karen said...

Hi Jody!

That pie looks really good... Sounds like a keeper- Thanks. You sure drive around alot for work! White Plains is such a pain to manuever through. You really have to go far from Boston to come down here...