Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Checking In...

Well, I've been swamped and haven't had much time to post. Last weekend I made soap. I had always wanted to learn how to make my own soap. When I became vegetarian and found out that many soaps are made with animal fats, soap making became a priority. Since I've been doing this for awhile now, I've developed my own style. All my soap is made with vegetable oils and scented with herbs or essential oils. I don't use chemical fragrances or colorants.

It is a small side business for me as well as a great hobby. Of course, I don't need to buy soap at the super market which is also a plus. I managed to make two batches that will be ready in about four more weeks. One is lavender cedar and the other is a citrus trio. It has 3 layers. They are: orange with orange specks (ground annatto seed), lime with green specks (ground sweet woodruff and nettles) and a plain yellow lemon layer.

One of my friends came over last weekend and I made us an awesome dinner. Chopped veggies (zucchini, summer squash, onions, asparagus, and red pepper) and sliced veggie burgers in foil packets with BBQ sauce on the grill. I also roasted corn with cajun spices, basil, and vegan margarine. Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures. Though he isn't an herbivore, he really enjoyed the food.

No comments: