Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Wow!

I just wanted to post rather quickly tonight and say thank you to everyone. It is amazing how this all happened.

A few months ago, I stumbled onto the vegan lunchbox blog. I saw these incredible vegan lunches that Jennifer was making for her son everyday. This made me think about my choices. I had been vegetarian for awhile, but always had excuses about why I couldn't be vegan. That is funny because I didn't really eat eggs or milk. Ice cream and cheese were the two biggest concerns for me and neither is an important food.

Through Jennifer's site, I found some of you like Jess of GetSconed, guinnah, and vivelevegan. I also found some vegan podcasts: VeganFreaks and Let's Get Baked With Matt and Dave. I've just been amazed by this community. Everyone is so supportive and the food is just spectacular.

All of you helped inspire me to share what I am cooking as well. My blog is still in the beginning stages and every day I see new people here. Some found me through comments I left at other blogs. What a great group of people!

Enough of my ramblings...

Tonight's dinner was rather generic with one exception. I attempted to recreate this cold broccoli dish I get at Whole Foods. First I steamed the broccoli, then blanched it in cold water. After that, I tossed it with tamari, toasted sesame oil, and cracked pepper. It wasn't exactly the same, but it was very good. I'll try to come up with a recipe and post a photo later in the week.

Tomorrow, I am off to Maine for work. Fortunately I am meeting a friend for lunch a Little Lad's, a vegan restaurant and bakery.

3 comments:

KleoPatra said...

Great to see you posting! Looking forward to reading more of your blog. I saw you at Megan's fab blog and I would like to link you on mine as well.

Take care!

Eat Peace Please said...

I like all this vegan food networking too. I have taught a lot and learned a lot, plus I have a weakness for looking at people's meals.

By the way, I just added you to my links and I look forward to your blog in the upcoming weeks.

Anonymous said...

Hi VegChic,
It's a fun world, eh? I only recently joined it too and I'm really enjoying it. I have a few people in my life that are supportive of my dietary choices, but through blogging that number has increased 100 fold. I love all the support and amazing ideas I get in this world!