Thursday, May 04, 2006

Vegan Ribz

I found this recipe on Vegfamily for Vegan Ribz and decided to give it a try.

Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures. I will take photos of future cooking endeavors. These ribz were pretty good and filled with protein from the gluten, nutritional yeast, and peanut/soy butter.

My only complaint was that they were a bit more doughy than I expected. I ended up cooking them for at about 400 degrees for 10 extra minutes which firmed them up a bit.

For some weird reason, I prefer them cold rather than hot. My pet cockatoo loved the ribz which is a bit odd. She is strange one though. Her previous owners fed her chicken (how gross is that?) and various other meats. She seems to be rather carnivorous, though I have slowly introduced fruits. Her new favorite food is carrot sticks and hummus.

My final take on the ribz...I might make them again some day, but they aren't going on my regular recipe list.

No comments: