Sunday, May 28, 2006

Lemon-Herb Tofu

This weekend has been pretty crazy so far. Today was a busy yard work day for me. I mowed the lawn and weeded some of my gardens. I also planted bush beans, snap peas, beets, and a bunch of herbs. I'm hoping to get a few more things planted tomorrow.

Of course, I also tried a new recipe out this afternoon. It was Lemon-Herb Tofu from Vive le Vegan! : Simple, Delectable Recipes for the Everyday Vegan Family by Dreena Burton. The tofu was super quick to whip up, though it required about 30 minutes of bake time. I probably should have picked another day to fire up the stove, because the house still hasn't cooled off. LOL!

I tried a piece right out the oven and it was great. After all the yard work, I mashed some with vegan mayo and made a sandwich as Dreena suggests in her note on the the recipe. The Lemon-Herb tofu was really good hot or cold. I'll be making it again soon. Thx Dreena!

No comments: